- A CD from a favorite Goth band, or one of the classics like The Cure, Depeche Mode, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees.
- Scented soap or bath salts from Etsy
- Themed fridge magnets. I'm partial to the poetry ones, which come in themed packs like Vampire or Edgar Allan Poe
- Black nail polish
- An old fashioned horror film, or one of the many sets out there.
- Sponsor a bat in their name!
- Dark stationary, perhaps from Evil Supply Co.?
- A popular book on Goth, like that by Jillian Venters or Voltaire, or like the one I reviewed on Wednesday!
- A dark mug. Bonus points if filled with treats
- Dark buttons/pins from Etsy or similar
- A new cellphone case, especially good if they have a popular phone such as an iPhone
- A Goth keychain
- Calligraphy pen
- If you can source them, a small (cleaned) animal skull. Be sure to wrap carefully!
- Black candles
- A package of loose tea
- A jewelry box or stand
- A stuffed animal bat
- Flavored Lipbalm in an unusual scent like Absinthe or Rose
- Halloween craft supplies (will require sourcing in advance)
- A Journal
- Sample perfumes from BPAL or similar
- A spooky vinyl decal
- A print from an artist that they like
Saturday, December 6, 2014
24 (Non-Clothing) Gifts for Goths!
As the holidays approach it's time for the loved-ones of Goths to panic about what to get them (or that's what my family tells me!) If you don't want to take the gift-card cop-out but aren't sure what size or type of clothes they're into, here are twenty-four gift ideas sure to make Goths of all ages smile: