- Find a post schedule that works. During school, it's becoming increasingly more difficult to find both the time and the inspiration for twice-weekly posts. So, I think I'll be sticking to one post a week, and then see how things go from there.
- Write at least three guest posts/articles for other blogs.
- Work on bettering my SEO and Klout score.
- Make a media kit.
- Host three guest posts on this blog.
- One resolution I wasn't able to keep that I would like to renew is my 365 Photo project. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll have the time to maintain it. So, I'm going to revamp my 365 Photography Tumblr into a regular photography Tumblr not bound by a daily post schedule. Hopefully this will keep me photographing without feeling like missing one day is the end of the world.
- Host a giveaway once this blog reaches 500 subscribers.
- Go through some of my older posts and clean them up, taking new pictures and fixing old links, etc.
- Reach 1,000 followers on Pinterest.
- Last year I pledged to read 52 books, and this was my favorite resolution. I've always described myself as a reader, but between school, the internet, and my own inability to find good books, I'd not been reading as much as I would have liked. Then, in 2013 I decided to change that, and I kept my resolution! (If you want to see the summary of books I read for that challenge, click here.) So, this year my resolution is to read 100 books in 2014. Add me on Goodreads to follow my journey!
- Build up a more substantial Corp Goth wardrobe (read: buy more pencil skirts. Lots more)
- Buy a fancy dress. After glancing through my wardrobe I've come to the startling realization that I don't actually own anything I could wear to a dressier event and (if my internship goes as well as I hope) I might need it. Expect a "shallow wants" post in the near future about it.
- Get my cartilage pierced.
- Get a tattoo????? Maybe????
- Take more outfit shots. I have a tri-pod, there really isn't much of an excuse now.
- Finish at least six DIY projects this year.
- Finish my study abroad applications and then go back to Scotland.
- Get good grades. Try to sleep more. Stay organized. The usual school-related stuff.
- Find a summer internship at a museum.
- Find a brand of liquid eyeliner that doesn't melt right off my face (the ever-present struggle.)
And I think that's about it! What are your resolutions for this year?