- We all know that parasols are great for dealing with summer sunlight, but sometimes you need both hands free! Steampunk author Gail Carriger's tutorial for a parasol holster here.
- Sincerely Boots has a great post here on Gothic & Alternative swimwear for the summer.
- Shop Well With You has an article here which lists fabrics, their characteristics, and their care instructions. It's a nice guide to consult when deciding whether a particular garment is suitable for your summer wardrobe.
- Gertie's New Blog for Better Sewing has a cool post on Summer Sewing here
- Jayne of The Dark Victorian has a great guide to wearing Lolita in hot weather here, and many of the tips apply to Goths as well..
Makeup and Hair:
- My article on Historical Hairstyles for Long hair to keep your tresses off your neck here.
- This wikiHow article is helpful for preventing your makeup from melting or running during the summer.
- Total Beauty offers their list of 11 Best Facial Sunscreens here.
- Juliet's Lace just published a post on How to Get Lovely Summer Skin here.
- If you're planning on being in a pool any time this summer to cool off, here's an About article on chlorine's effect on hair and how to keep from getting horrible damage!
- Kimberly Snyder has a great post in which she counts 15 Hydrating Foods and Drinks for Summer here. Avoid heat exhaustion/stroke at all costs!
- Speaking of heat stroke, Care2 has a post outlining 18 Warning Signs of Heat Stroke here.
- I know many Goths are big on sunscreen but you can never be too sure when it comes to skin cancer. SkinCancer.org has a step-by-step guide for checking yourself for skin cancer here.
- In the summer, most people tend to stock up on deodorant to keep from smelling, well, gross. However, there are some scientific reports that say that aluminum in certain deodorants is linked to cases of breast cancer. Livestrong has an article here on what to look for in a deodorant to reduce your chances of getting cancer.
- If you're a spookling with tattoos, here is a Summer Care guide on About!
- If you're hosting a Goth meet up and have some time outdoors to fill, why not try out some Victorian children's outdoor games?
- Summer is a great time to meet up with other Goths and alternative types since summer (mostly) prevents school-related responsibilities from getting in the way. And there's so much to do! Her Curious Elegance has a post on how to host a Lolita meet up, and the guide works perfectly for Goths as well!
- Summer is popularly considered one of the best times to go to the movies. If you're itching to go see something but don't know what, Movie Insider has a great list of summer movies here. I don't know about you but The Guillotines and Blackhats look like fun to me.
- If you're interested in hosting a summer tea party, Elegant Woman has a nice guide right here. If you can stand the outdoors, a garden would be a lovely backdrop.
- Last but not least, if you just want to know that you're not alone in dealing with the heat, just check out the timeless classic Goths in Hot Weather.
I hope you all found some of these links helpful, and that we can survive summer together! Do you guys have any links or advice for Goths coping with the summer heat?